Follow by Email

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

WOW

So apparently I was not cut out for this blogging stuff.  LOL.
   Easter pasted by, I had surgery, and lots and lots of stuff has happened at work - 3 car accidents, cancer surgery for a spouse in the office, etc etc. 

Ok.  So Easter with my family was AWESOME!  I drove to the Family Center and had a wonderful time with family I have't seen in literally 20 years.  Yes. I am that old thankyouverymuch.
   It was so soo soosoooooos oooooo so sooooo good to see my family and Favorite Cousin, Melissa and her immediate family.  Good times!!!  I will try to post some pictures, but obviously I can't even update my blog, so that may be this time next year. ;)

I had my gallbladder removed and feel.ABSOLUTELY.AMAZING!!!!!!!  I seriously didn't know just how bad I was feeling until it was taken out.  The day of the surgery and next two days after are ones I will be happy to forget,  but all in all it has been awesome.
  Day of surgery, my scheduled appointment went from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 then to 5:30.... Let's just get to the point.  I didn't get out of surgery until after midnight.  Needless to say, all that day with NO food and NO water, I was dehydrated and got sick from the anaesthesia.  Just had surgery and puking is not an awesome feeling.  I have the most amazing husband. Seriously.  He sat by my side, helped me up, helped roll my iv so I can pee, grabbed my hair when I was puking, and helped me in more ways possible.  I can't tell you guys how thankful and absolutely happy I am that he choose me. Me! 
I love that man and will try to spend the rest of my days showing him, even on those days he isn't my favorite.... LOL.
  I am now almost 4 weeks out from that surgery and feel AMAZING.  I lost about 9 lbs from not eating for a week, gained .5 lbs back, but seriously feel good.  I went to the gym this morning and walked on treadmill at a good pace, not like walking around the pasture.  I even worked up a little sweat.  Got to get this weight off me (20 lbs would be awesome), so I am going to get back at it.  Wish me luck! 
 

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you are feeling better. Surgery is no fun and I know how you feel, I don't do well with anesthesia either.

    ReplyDelete