Follow by Email

Friday, December 7, 2012

Pearl Harbor Day and General Day or Rememberance

Today is a day that is hopefully never forgotten... Much like September, 11th.  It is a day that our country as a nation was attacked and many lives were lost.  It needs to be remembered and honored. 


Also today I want to post something that has been on heart and mind.
  I have been thinking about my Father-in-Law a lot lately, probably because it will be one year next Sunday since he passed.  I miss him daily.  I know my husband misses him daily... it is hard without him here.
                                                  LOVE YOU PEEPAW!!!

Also, I have been following a family that is very good friends my with Cousin, Melissa.  This family is amazing, and so strong I can not even describe it.  They are what the "American Dream" and family is.  They recently lost the head of their family, Curt.  Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.  I have attached a link to their site so you can read up on their journey through his diagnosis to the end of the journey.  Never have a seen such an amazing family.  My heart hurts for them, as well as my cousin because I she loves them so much. 
                    http://curtziemke.blogspot.com/

Miranda Lambert's Song "Over You" pretty much sums it up.

"Over You"

Weather man said it’s gonna snow
By now I should be used to the cold
Mid-February shouldn’t be so scary
It was only December
I still remember the presents, the tree, you and me

But you went away
How dare you?
I miss you
They say I’ll be OK
But I’m not going to ever get over you

Living alone here in this place
I think of you, and I’m not afraid
Your favorite records make me feel better
Cause you sing along
With every song
I know you didn’t mean to give them to me

But you went away
How dare you?
I miss you
They say I’ll be OK
But I’m not going to ever get over you

It really sinks in, you know, when I see it in stone

Cause you went away,
How dare you?
I miss you
They say I’ll be OK
But I’m not going to ever get over you



I will promise to have a happy post next.  :)

2 comments:

  1. So sorry about your father in law, it's not easy losing someone close to you and even though time does make the sting a little less painful, it doesn't go away. I've learned that from past experience.

    Thanks for that link...I can't even imagine what that family is going through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amber!!! They are amazing, and Cindy and the kids are missing Curt so much... thank you for all of your prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete