Follow by Email

Friday, March 4, 2011

Woo Hoo Friday!!!

Hello and Happy Friday to all.
  As many may already know, I have accepted a position at a different company - BUT have had the opportunity to get my friend a position where I am leaving and have been able to help familiarize herself to the current world and work space I am in.  I am excited for her, and hope this is something she will like.  :) 

I am going to try to post a blog favorite each week.  We will see how that goes.  Here is the blog for the week.  This girl is like superwoman and is so inspirational to be a better person.  So much goodness is contangious.  I go to this blog when I am in a crappy mood and instantly get better. LOL
Enjoy!  http://ashlemieux.blogspot.com/

  Many of you know I took up quilting several years ago, some may not know that - but Yeah I do it.  I am an under 35 year old quilter - SO WHAT?  LOL  It is fun, calming, infuriating all in one, but so worth it when you give what you made someone and they appreciate it.  The following picture is the very first quilt I did.  I stitched all of the blocks together, but machine (very first machine, very first quilting) quilted the top.  I hand stitched the binding as well.  It is not gorgeous, but I am proud of it and so happy Brian's dad is the one that got to enjoy it.

Picture is not that great, but you get the idea.  LOL
  The last quilt I have done was for my one of my family members as well.  He picked out the fabric and asked me to make him one.  How do you refuse that?  It took me a year to finish, but he finally got it Christmas.
Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL weekend!!!! Take care!

1 comment:

  1. Quilting is something I hope to learn one day.

    ReplyDelete